[etni] Fw: re: a curiosity

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 08:27:57 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: "Adele P. Raemer " <raemer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: a curiosity

I believe she was referring to a BOOK REPORT (she wrote "the plot for a book
report") - NOT the novel, itself.

Personally, I always tell my students to write their reports either in the
present simple (it is a book- the action happens all the time- whenever you
open it, it is there) OR the past tense (as if it has happened already
because you have already read the book, and are looking at it from that
perspective - of events that happened in the past and are finished.) As a
number of you have already mentioned, what is MOST important is the
consistency.

Shabbat Shalom,
Adele