[etni] Fw: re: The Bagrut Exam

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:08:32 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Linda Kuras Mizrahi" <lsk120@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: The Bagrut Exam

Module F:
I had also felt that the answer, "What the writer thinks of it" should be
accepted. In fact, when I did the exam myself, that was one of the answers I
had picked; I felt there were three correct answers.
Linda Kuras Mizrahi

Tali wrote:
>Exhausted..... and frustrated as well
>There were so many problems with this test.
>Module A - my poor kids...couldn't really answer question 4 (גרסא א). In
those lines they refer to celebrities - however they recorded and not wrote
the story - it's a problematic question -the lines we are referred to are

>Now what about question no 12.   I am positive most kids will choose  iii)
What teenagers say about video games however some say the answer is ii)Why
video games help children. Who expects kids who take module A to come to
such a conclusion - in line 3 (para. I)  "she interviewed ...teenagers...
(so obviously they said....., line 6 (para. II) "More than 70% of the
teenagers told..."   line  11 (para. III)  "Most of the teenagers who play
video games said....:

>Module F - why not accept the answer: What the writer thinks of it- in line
4 it is clearly stated....the ambitious program- ambitious refers to the
writer's opinion, doesn't it?  But no doubt that both the second as well as
the third answers are correct too. It seems to me that those three options
will have to be accepted.

>Module G - most of my students were frustrated - no wonder why... The
combination of such a topic with such tricky questions is simply …..
terrible.