[etni] Fw: re: Teaching wihout a License

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:30:54 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: avi tsur - tsuravi@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: Teaching wihout a License

Dear Leah.

A doctor (medicine) who arrives in Israel with his qualifications is NOT
qualified unless he takes and passes the Israeli Medical Association's test.
It is a very difficult test for which most of these candidates take a 6
month course (which gives them a bonus of 10% for the test if they fulfil
the requirements). Many candidates do not pass the test and need to retake
it once or more. Yes, even though s/he is a doctor (and in some cases head
of department in recognized hospitals abroad) this is Israel's way of
ensuring a high professional standard. Should it be different for the
teaching profession?? I feel that teachers (like doctors) need to be
professionals. You will be credited for the courses you have taken and
passed as an educator. What you need to do now is to take the courses that
you need which will QUALIFY you for an Israeli Teacher's Certificate.

Chag Sameach

Avi TSUR