[etni] Fw: re: Philosophical questions about the "NEW" Bagrut exam

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 07:13:41 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: re: Philosophical questions about the "NEW" Bagrut exam

Kol hakavod, Ruthi; it's so refreshing to hear 'plain speaking'!  Like you,
I am unable to discern a meaningful difference between modules F & G, and
have been saying so ever since they descended upon us.  But I was told to
wait till the Bagrut matured a bit, so to speak, and so I have been
waiting -- to no avail!  Altogether, the modular Bagrut system has made it
quite obvious that "new" does not necessarily mean
'improved'.

Every point you make is valid (as well as constuctive) criticism, especially
regarding all the wasted time we spend on the projects.
There, I've said it openly at last!  (After I expressed a less than
enthusiastic comment about projects as a participant at the NBA course --
which was almost exclusively devoted to touting the benefits of  project
work, by the way -- I learned that it does no good to disagree with the
powers that be!)
When I consider all the toil, sweat and tears expended (the former
commodities are mostly mine while the latter belongs to the students!) and
compare this to what should have / could have been accomplished in the span
of time dedicated to projects, I cringe.

Well, I'm, afraid our travail will go unheeded, but it does feel good to
vent; thanks for the opportunity!
Batya

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **