[etni] Fw: re: G higher than F

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 14:19:14 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: ELEANOR ZWEBNER <eleanorz541@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: G higher than F

Jack -- everything you say is true

The differences between my F & G grades are often quite large -- 10
points! -- I think the main reason is, as you say,  the straightforwardness
of the   G  questions.

In my opinion, G is a test of English (including reading proficiency)
whereas F --and E --  are tests of general intelligence, test taking skills
as well as   reading comprehension skills in English.

We see over and over again the emphasis on TEST TAKING skills being taught
and being part of the course books  as well as English skills .

Eleanor