[etni] Fw: re: English Literature and Extended Reading programs

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:48:33 +0200

From: "Steiner Family" <steiner1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 4:25 PM
Subject: Re: [etni] Fw: English Literature and Extended Reading programs

Dear Arye,

Thank you for your letter and your insights which display sincere concern.

The four-point level exam demands a relatively high level of English
proficiency and, as you know, is required for entrance into the
universities.

You asked if  "the 4 point program be lightened appreciably in view of the
students most often found at the 4 point level, i.e. 'mabar' and 'mabat
classes. They should not have to do more than 3 book reports in addition to
the 2 'projects'."

having pupils read books is to improve their English.  The present
requirement of reading four books is minimal and cannot be lowered.

Your assumption that most of the 4 pt. pupils are mabar or mabat pupils is
not correct.  Whatever the four-point population is, there are standards
that must be reached.

Once again, thank you for input.

All the best,
Judy