[etni] Fw: action for bagrut markers

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 22:20:20 +0200

Nature----- Original Message ----- From: Sharon Tzur - sharontzu5@xxxxxxx

Subject: action for bagrut markers

Dear English Teachers and Bagrut Markers:

I have a suggestion. This week is Moed Bet. I suggest that we prepare a letter to parents that we can distribute to all the students who come in for Moed Bet. The letter, in Hebrew, would inform the parents that the Bagrut checking in English has not begun and will not begin until the Michsot are reduced. We can include the fact that the Vaad Horim Artzi supports us (I think I read a letter from them on the bagrut marker's site). Parents are shocked when they hear that we check a minimum of 72 exams a day! The letter can give the fax of the man alit (Shulamit Amichai, I think) we were told to write letters to with a suggestion that they also send off faxes.

I also thought that the Ministry could declare that the year grades will be test grades - however, I think that will create a great outcry, as many students (probably 1/4 - 1/3) do better on the exam than they do on their yearly grade - not to mention the students who have no yearly grade (externi - mishne) and the fact that there has never been a precedent for throwing out an exam that students already sat for! (During the "lottery" period, when the yearly grade was counted, the decision was made before the kids were to sit for the exam.)
Yours,

Sharon Tzur

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **