[etni] Fw: Re: etni Digest V7 #268

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 06:52:44 +0200

From: "sbshai" <sbshai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: etni Digest V7 #268

Regarding Eleanor's quip about English teachers' needs not being understood
because we speak a foreign language, I'd just like to remind everyone that
the people at the Inspectorate speak English fluently!  The problem,
therefore, appears to be the disinterest in listening to our concerns.
The HOTS issue has brought this to the fore; the question is, what can we do
about it?

There has been some discussion on ETNI recently about a principal's role in
assuring a sound educational system in his/her school; now I'd like to ask
how  ETNI readers view the contribution of the Inspectorate toward achieving
this goal with regard to EFL instruction.  Am I wrong to think that when
many teachers (who have always carried out the Inspectorate's dictates)
express their concerns about a program, someone should adequately address
these concerns?

Batya