[etni] Fw: RE: etni Digest V7 #274 CDs etc

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 14:38:18 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: ELEANOR ZWEBNER <eleanorz541@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: etni Digest V7 #274  CDs etc

We SHOULD feel free to use whatever is most  comfortable , as Sharon
wrote -- but we have been told that only CDs will be available for the
bagrut .  There is clearly dissonance between these two statements.

We must prepare our pupils for the exam they will take and many of the LD
pupils, although certainly far less technologically  challenged than I, get
flustered on exams ( what a surprise...? ) and push all the wrong buttons.
That's why we practice with them in advance.

Walkmen and discmen are both difficult to purchase.  Most of our  10-12
pupils were required  to purchase a walkman.  It is unreasonable to change
over from yesterday to tomorrow -- both for the pupils and for us and
illogical to change to CDs when we are all aware that we will have to change
again soon.

As Sharon wrote earlier -- we should request -- no,  we and the parents (and
many of us are parents witht hese problems!) -- should demand that the tapes
be acceptable for another two years. AND -- that the kind Mr HaLevy figure
ot a way to deal witht his issue that is compatible witht he schools.  We
are not recording technicians and we will now have to redo or purchase many
of our old practice books on CD.

A  similar problem occurred with dictionaries when Judy Steiner became the
Chief Inspector:  the  English-English dictionary  was phased out -- note:
phased out -- but only over 2 years and not 3 as I recall.  One one grade
level ( the 10th graders) were "penalized " because they had purchased a
dictionary over the summer which had become obsolete.

Eleanor