[etni] Fw: RE: Reaction from the Ministry - Bagrut markers' issue!

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 16:48:31 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: Ruthi - rsheffer@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Reaction from the Ministry - Bagrut markers' issue!

obviously if you just carry on regardless you won't get anything. Why is it
teachers are about the only sector who allow themselves to be trampled
underfoot and treated like suckers.Yesterday on the Channel 10 news they
showed two empty classrooms and interviewed two students and this was enough
to conclude that no teachers are giving back the strike hours and the whole
thing is "Israbloff" as Micki Haimovitch said.
Since when are news anchors supposed to tell the public what to conclude on
the news?
And  now the Israeli public" knows" that the teachers got something for
nothing and that nobody gave back strike hours! I find this whole way of
relating to teachers in the media insulting.
Ruth

Michele wrote:
>I wonder what would happen if teachers in all subjects were to refuse to
>check Bagrut tests until all the issues regarding teachers' salaries and
>working conditions at all levels (k-12) were resolved to our satisfaction.
Just a thought.

Judith wrote:
>In the matter of the Bagrut markers' requests for lowering of the quotas on
>certain modules, sorry to inform our legitimate and fair compromise has
>been rejected !
Nevertheless, all markers must attend on Tuesday - 14.30.
See you there,