[etni] Fw: RE: Differences between TESOL, TESL, TEFL

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 08:04:45 +0200

From: "Ofra Inbar" <inbarofra@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 04, 2003 8:00 AM
Subject: Re: [etni] Fw: RE: Differences between TESOL, TESL, TEFL

Though the explanations of the terms are correct it's important to note that
the differences are becoming increasingly blurred in some areas in the world
due to globalization and the spread of English.
There is quite a bit of literature on the subject. Two such articles are
Nayer, P. Bhaskaran. (1997) ESL/EFL Dichotomy Today: Language Politics or
Pragmatics?, TESOL Quarterly Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 9-37, and
Kachru, B. B. (1997). World Englishes and English-using communities. Annual
Review of Applied Linguistics, 17,66-87.
Ofra Inbar