[etni] Fw: Interested in working in Israel

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 23:52:49 +0200

From: Laura Cabrera  lcquin@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: ask@xxxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 13, 2003 3:28 PM
Subject: Interested in working in Israel

Dear Sir/Madam,

      I am an English teacher from Uruguay, and I am very interested in
moving to Israel because I think that your country, and specially your
University could provide me with better opportunities for professional
development and personal growth. I would be very glad if you found that I
could be suitable for any job regarding to your English Courses and Teacher
Training.
     I am forty-two years old and I have been teaching English for twenty
years. As my mother and grandmother were British , I consider English my
mother tongue because I spoke it before speaking Spanish, which is my
country's official language.
     Currently I work as Coordinator of the English Department in a
bilingual school, where I am responsible for drawing up the curricula and
syllabuses for the different subjects, coordinate activities with the staff,
give support to the teachers, and prepare students to take international
examinations as IGCSE exams and First Certificate in English, Cambridge
University, UK.
      Apart from the English Department Coordination, I also work at an
American English Institute called "Alianza Cultural Uruguay-USA", which is a
well known institute in our country promoted and supported by the American
Embassy and the official representative of the American Bi-national Center
for this region. At the mentioned Institute I teach Literature, History and
Methodology to trainee teachers from our Teachers Training Course.
     I obtained the "Certificate of Proficiency in English", Cambridge
University, UK
and the CEELT Diploma (Cambridge Examination in English for Language
Teachers). I graduated as a "Teacher of English at Primary, Secondary and
Adult Level", College of Preceptors, University of Hull, UK. At University I
majored in Literature and History.

In case you have any query or need further information, feel free to send my
an e-mail. My e-mail address is  lcquin@xxxxxxxxxxx  .
Looking forward to your answer,
Yours sincerely,
Laura Cabrera