[etni] Fw: Help us save Native Speakers in Kiriat Ono

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 11:18:32 +0200

From: "Janet" <jnusbaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ask@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: Help us save Native Speakers in Kiriat Ono

The Native Speakers Program in Kiriat Ono has been running for about 9 years
in the grade schools and Junior Highs.  We average about 100 students in the
program each year.

At first, the program was financed partially by the IRIAH and partially by
the parents.  For the last several years, financing has been by the parents
only.  The program doesn't cost the IRIAH one single agorah!

Of course, our program has all the approvals necessary: principals,
Ministry of Education, etc.

This year, the IRIAH hired a new ROSH AGAF who's been on the job for just a
month.  She informed me that our Native Speakers program is "illegal."  AND,
before I had a chance to organize a proper response and prove that the
program is indeed OK, she had the M'FAKACHAT HaMACHOZ instruct the
principals to shut us down.

I need help

1.  does anyone know of another Native Speakers program which is currently
financed by the parents?  Even partly?

2.  has anyone had similar problems with their IRIAH?  AGAF HINUCH?

Any help would be appreciated.

Janet S.S. Nussbaum
Parents Committee
Native English Speakers