[etni] Fw: Fw: Teaching English to adults

  • From: "Ask Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Etni" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 16:50:11 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "byk" <byk@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Teaching English to adults

Hi Hadas,

I am sending this to the list as the information might be useful to others.
I am using Chance at the moment to teach adults in jail.  It works quite
well. Don't let the word 'jail' give you the idea that these are dumb,
uneducated men; they just haven't learned English and need to take the
reading slowly.

By the way, interestingly enough, beginning readers don't feel insulted by
things which seem childish.  Some of the First Unseens work well too, as
well as Grammar for Starters or the UPP one whose name I can't remember, but
which is better.

Jennifer