[etni] Fw: Free English Learning software for Russian Speakers

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 11:20:44 +0200

----- Original Message ----- From: Laurin Lewis - lewisl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Free English Learning software for Russian Speakers

Etnians:

Some of you have asked if I have a version for speakers of Russian on my web-site, where everything is free for English teachers. The answer is yes. Indeed, I have a version of my main program English 4 Students, for Russian-speakers. This product is downloadable absolutely free of charge -- not just the trial version but the whole package -- for anyone who wants it, teachers or pupils. No strings attached! However this version is less developed than English 4 Students for Hebrew speakers. Specifically, this is not a multimedia program. It doesn't speak. It just displays text. But it teaches the same 3000 words of English, with the same stories and pictures, from the basic level to the university level, with essential grammar rules. All the explanations and translations are in Russian. To download this program, just surf to my web site at www.english4students.com and go to the Russian page. Then click on "download" (in Russian). That's all there is to it. Please note that the folder contains a readme file which you must read to understand how the program operates. If you have any questions, please call me at 050-6734414.

By the way, the version for Russian speakers was approved by our Ministry of Education quite a few years ago. So why don't I upgrade this program to the full multimedia format, with dictionary and visual mnemonics, like the version for Hebrew speakers? In fact, the only thing standing in the way is a few thousand sheqels, which I don't happen to have on hand. Hello! Any potential investor/partners out there?

Yours for success in English. Laurin

** Etni homepage - http://www.etni.org or - http://www.etni.org.il **