[etni] Fw: Bedouin school "bookmobile"

  • From: "Ask_Etni" <ask@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ETNI" <etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:39:52 +0300

----- Original Message -----
From: laurie ornstein - laurenmadeline@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Bedouin school "bookmobile"

Hi All,

I'd like to share this heart-warming story of joint effort with you all and
especially thank those that made it happen.

If you remember, I asked for help in moving 10 cartons of donated library
books from the north to the Negev to Bedouin school libraries.
Here's how it all came together.

Jennifer from Ramat Yishai collected the boxes from her northern school and
met up at a parking lot in the Jezreel Valley with my friend, Sharon from
Kiryat Shmona. The books were transferred from Jennifer's car to Sharon's
and continued on their way to Tel Aviv where they were piled up at Judy's.
Tinneke, from Petach Tikva, picked them up and unloaded them at my
daughter's apartment in Beersheva where I reloaded them into my car for
sorting at my home in Midreshet Ben Gurion. Then I carted the books back out
to my Ford Fiesta "bookmobile" and delivered them to ORT Bir Hadaj High
School and ORT Abu Krinat High School; a few boxes will be delivered this
week to a local elementary school, also at Bir Hadaj.

THANKS to you all!

And if anyone is driving from Jerusalem to Beersheva or further south, I've
another pile of cartons waiting for me at the Jerusalem J.E.L.L.Y. library!!

Chag Shavuot sameach!
Laurie