[etni] Feeling exhausted

  • From: Rivka Lewenstein <rlewen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bnirenberg@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 04:00:28 -0700 (PDT)

No, Bari, to second Sara's remarks, you're definitely not alone! On my staff
there's a teacher who literally spends all her waking hours thinking and
talking about Matkonot, projects, magen grades etc. (and much of the time of it
is with me, so I should know!) - she is an absolutely nervous wreck. And I'm
talking about a teacher with well over 25 years of experience who has taught
many Bagrut classes in the past!

I too feel overwhelmed by all the testing. I have three classes doing projects
and taking modules - this year I'm lucky to not be teaching 12th grade 5-point
students, so I "only" have Modules A-E (although I spend so much time guiding
my staff and preparing Matkonot for them that I actually am immersed in all
seven modules). And yes, I still do book reports, compositions etc., although I
must admit that I've cut down the number of book reports just because I see it
can't all be done (either by me or by my students).

I could write quite a bit more about the whole mess, but I think your message
came across loud and clear. Teaching English HAS become much more exhausting,
and a lot less fun, in my humble opinion. Not that I think that anyone higher
up is interested in it...

All the best,
Rivka

 Make Yahoo! your home page