[etni] Re: Disengagement novel

  • From: judy <judyewc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: etni@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 09:30:11 +0300

Was the book originally written in English or translated?  And if it was
translated, do we similarly offer translations of Amos Oz, or AB Yehoshua,
or other Israeli writers?
I really think we are supposed to teach English literature as a way of
exposing the kids to English-speaking culture.

I also think we have steadily been abandoning some of the great literature,
from which so much could be learned, for everything short and catchy and
cool.

We can recommend books for them to read on their next flight to America.  In
class, I would like to look for substance and message and a timeless
quality.

I know, I'm a nerd.

Judy Cohen

--
"Music will save the world."  Pablo Casals