[espeak-gaeilge] Version 2.5 of eSpeak Gaeilge now in DropBox

  • From: Ronan McGuirk <ronan.p.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: espeak-gaeilge <espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 21:29:42 +0000

Hello all,

I have applied a set of changes to the Irish implementation. Thanks to
Jonathan for suggestions on Phoneme changes.

I have updated:
 the broad dh (words like dhún dhaoine etc
The slender ch (words like cheist cheannaigh etc)
-the slender t -- in some cases e.g. words like teocht and poitín, I
left it the same as the previous version but for most words this has
now changed.

Following Robbie's suggestion, I have updated the slender d in most
cases (except for words like deo or maidir, where it keeps the English
j sound).

I have made a set of short linking words e.g. ag ar, i in ina ins mar,
mura etc etc  unstressed, again following Jonathan's suggestion and I
think this has made a big improvement , that is most noticeable for
poems or songs.

Also I have updated the pronunciation of certain words following feedback.

The updated version is in the DropBox folder as before.

Please let me know what you think.

Ronan