[espeak-gaeilge] Have just uploaded dictionary

  • From: RobbieS <robbiesin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 19:21:01 +0100

Hi,

I've just uploaded a dictionary called foclóir g-b to the Dictionaries
folder.  It is a word document, but should also open in Open Office, and
hopefully Apple, because it is from Word 2003.

It is based on the Harper-Collins 1999 pocket dictionary, but is also quite
different.  It uses contracted verb forms (mostly found in Munster Irish
today).  it is a work in progress (like all dictionaries).  For instance,
not all the contracted verb forms are used, yet.

There's no such thing as a perfect dictionary.  For example, ion the first
page, I use *sa choirnéal, *but *sa chúinne *would have been just as good.
The former is more common in the North, and the latter in Munster and
Connacht.  Indeed, in Galway and Waterford you're liable to hear *sa
gcúinne.  *

If anyone notices typos etc. please feel fere to amend.

Robbie