[espeak-gaeilge] Re: Espeak Irish compile problem - folder structure

  • From: Jonathan Duddington <jonsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: espeak-gaeilge <espeak-gaeilge@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:53:01 +0100

On 19 Mar, Ronan McGuirk <ronan.p.mcguirk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We get an error when running the command
> espeak --compile=ga. It seems that the ga files can't be found.

> Moving the ga file from \europe to the root of \voices or to
> \voices\other, or alternatively using the command
> espeak --compile=europe\ga
> all seem to resolve this.

Yes, when I promoted "ga" from "test" to "europe" I forgot to tell the
espeak program where to look.  That doesn't matter for speaking, but it
seems to for compiling.  Although it works on Linux, so it's a bit
mysterious and I'll investigate exactly what's happening.  Anyway it's
fixed for the re-release of 1.47 in the next day or two.

Other fixes that I've made to the Irish voice are for speaking letter
names:

1.  Names of 'b', 't' and other eclipses letters are not spoken
cirrectly (the vowel is missing).  Change to eSpeak program.

2.  The [eI] diphthong which is part of letter names such as 'a', 'j',
'k' was not defined for the Irish voice.  Change to ph_irish.

3.  No letter name defines for 'í'.  Change to ga_list.