[esnr] Re: material on dyslexia

  • From: "h.a.baas" <h.a.baas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 09:26:23 +0200

dear everybody,
before this book gets magical dimensions, let me tell something about dr.
Van den Bergh. He is a neurologist and psychiatrist working in a private
practise in Leuven, Belgie for years now. He published before a lovely
little concise book called 'EEG biofeedback' in dutch and also sold out. you
can read about his background on our webside www.neurotraining.nl where he
is mentioned as part of our team.
it's difficult to abbreviate his book as every word he writes is always
carefully considered. The basic problem, he writes, has to do with a failing
auditive information processing of sounds that follow each other in a rapid
speed. Treatment methods and investigation are still experimental, but
promising.
The book, chapters
 1) audiophonological findings
 2) neurophysiological findings
 3) psychophysiological training.

Now that the interest is so big I will first consult Van den Bergh as to
what he thinks of this. If he agrees,  I will first send it to mr Berrie
Gerrits who said he was willing to translate and then we'll see from there.
                                                             ineke baas