[esnr] Re: NFB and fasting

  • From: Geir Flatabø <geirf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:39:34 +0200

There should be no danger in doing NF in the situation you describe.
It is common by people who is noa faste, that after a few days they feel they
have clearer head and thoughts, - and feel that fasting makesthem feel good
after some initial hunger..
NF - based on learning - one would suppose is best done with a brain that is
not fighting hunger,
so I would eplain to the client that , I would guess he would have better
effect from the training ,
if he is not hungry - the brain get "enough and the right " fuel..
THen one could discuss what is the right "brain fuel" - for NF.

Geir Flatabø
  Subject: [esnr] NFB and fasting

   I have a new 17 yr old male client who is a Muslim and will be observing
Ramadan (no food or drink is taken during daylight hours for a month). I am
concerned about the demands of NFB on a hungry and dehydrated brain - his
appointment is 8 hours at least from last intake of any food/water.

  Does anyone have any advice on this subject?  Many thanks

  Melissa