[esnr] Re: Get up, stand up

  • From: Doklein@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 11 Aug 2004 09:24 GMT

hello john,lesley, berrie and all,
first of all many thanks to all for the ungoing very interesting and important
discussion.
i am sorry, i couldn't participate before because of "daily duties".

what do you think of this theoretical point of view:
is there a seperation between "academic"  and "clinical" work?
i am clinician for decades , but am academic since my diploma. so i do
understand my every day work as psychotherapist and also as
eeg-biofeedback-trainer as academically done- the differences to academic
research in the usual sense perhaps seems to me, that my "t.o.t.e."-circle is
much shorter, has to be done instantaneously, as patients are suffering now and
i have to help now; clinicians do not have so much time to write articles -
this must be a reason for being under-represented on congresses f.e.; and
clinicians cannot work with "controlls" nor can they isolate variables, they
have to apply wholistic procedures in any moment.

insofar i do see research work and clinical work as to be of same importance -
and fruitful in cooperation, often with synergetic energy.

john, as i told you in winterthur, if wanted, i would like to contribute with
my knowledge to ongoing clinical certification and training considerations. as
berrie wrote, i think too, it is important to consider national conditions.

i do endorse the comments of prof. niels birbaumer too.

all the best
dörte klein
Dipl.-Psychologin/Psychotherapeutin
Hauptstr. 41