[esnr] AW: Re: material on dyslexia

  • From: "Ralph Warnke" <ralph.warnke@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <esnr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 13:15:36 +0200

Dear Marco,

we have started to work with Neurofeedback in addition to our main field
of expertise which is dyslexia. In this regard we are assessing and
training socalled low-level functions in the central processing
capabilities of the brain. I can send you publications on the research
conducted so far in the field of dyslexia and low-level functions back
channel, if you like me to.

With the Medical University of Hannover we have obtained norm data for
seven such essential low level functions plus we are currently assessing
data up to 70 years of age with very interesting results.

- There is a strong age development in these parameters.
- Dylexics usually are 200-400% poorer in their scores than
non-dyslexics their age
- Between 20 to 60 years there is a deterioration between 40% to 400% in
these functions.
- This does not hold true for the group of simultanious translators, who
ALL showed EXTREMELY good results in those functions, and that age
INDEPENDENT (group consisted of people between 25 and 49 years of age)
- These functions can be improved - apparently independend from age -
within 5-8 weeks of training.
- The training has an intense effect on language performance /
reading/writing scores
- These low-level functions also - even if not training them - offer a
very promissing assessment tool for possible accomplishments of training
with Neurofeedback and other means as they are related to very basic
language-depending brain capabilities.

Maybe this is something you can / want to include in your research /
your work with dyslexic children.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Mit herzlichen Grüßen
aus der Wedemark

(Ralph Warnke)