[erasingblindness] Re: is there a way to set up auto computeronand off?

  • From: Blindness Eraser <blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 13:30:42 -0800

Yes please. However, would this batch file instruct my file to turn off and on at certain times?

From: David Bartling <dbartling714@xxxxxxxxx
To: erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date sent: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 11:37:53 -0500
Subject: [erasingblindness] Re: is there a way to set up auto
computer onand off?

We2l, can you use a batch file?

On 11/25/13, Ricardo Herrera <deathdogg@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe google can help. A program might exist, but i really doubt
it

 Ricardo
 Sent from my iPhone

 On Nov 25, 2013, at 12:30, Blindness Eraser
<blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx
 wrote:

 Hi. Is there a way, either in windows itself or through a
program, that I
 can make my computer turn itself on and off at different times?
The reason
I would want to do this is because If my computer is at home and
I am out
somewhere with my iPhone and trying to use apps that stream from
my
computer to my iPhone or am trying to use vpn and I am away from
home on
vacation, I would not want to leave my computer on all the time,
because
it is a waste of power and it also may overheat or otherwise get
damaged.
 These kinds of iOS apps as well as vpn do not work with the
computer off,
 but leaving my laptop on for 2 weeks at a time is not something
I normally
do. So is there a way so I can set it to be on in the hrs when I
would be
 up and shut off around when I go to sleep? For example is there
a way to
 make it come on at 5:30 in the morning and then go off at 10:30
at night
 and then come back on at 5:30 in the morning and go back off at
10:30 at
 night and repeat that cycle? That way, when I am sleeping, my
computer can
 also sleep and cool down and when I need to access my computer
through an
 iOS app or vpn it will be on. Thank you.
 To post to the list: send your email to
erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
 There are three methods you can use to subscribe to the list.
Please only
use method three if you have tried method one and method two and
they both
 did not work.

 METHOD ONE.

 Send an email to erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'subscribe'
 in the Subject field and an empty message body and then follow
the
 instructions in the confirmation email. If you do not get a
confirmation
 email in your inbox within five minutes of sending your
subscribe email to
 erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx then look for the
confirmation
 email in other folders such as your spam folder or junk folder.
Different
 email providers call that folder different names, but it is the
same
 thing.

 METHOD TWO.

 Visit the list page at
//www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. On
 that page, fill in your email address and pick subscribe from
the list of
 options.

 METHOD THREE.

me that
 you would like to be subscribed to the erasing blindness list
and tell me
 what email address you want subscribed. Then I will do your
subscription
for you. Please specify which email address you would like to be
 subscribed to the list with. Do not send an email and ask me to
subscribe
you without saying which email address you want to be subscribed
to the
 list with. Some people have more then one email address and I
will not
 know if the email address you used to email me with is the one
you want to
 be subscribed to the list with or not unless you tell me.

 The email address you are subscribed to the list with is the
email address
that all the messages from everyone else on the list will go to.
It is
 also the email address you will need to use to send messages to
the list.
 To post to the list, send your message from the email address
you are
 subscribed to the list to with to the email address
 erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

 If the email address you used to send your message to the list
to is not
 subscribed, then it will not go to the list. It will just come
to me. To
 look at the list archives, go to:
this list:
 send an email to erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with
'unsubscribe'
 in the Subject field and an empty message body and then follow
the
instructions in the confirmation email or visit the list page at
 //www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. On that page,
fill in your
email address and pick unsubscribe from the list of options. You
can also
 change your list settings at
 //www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. There is also a
FAQ at
 //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq This FAQ is not specific
to this
list. The FAQ has answers to general questions about the website
 www.freelists.org which is the website that this list is hosted
on. If you
have any questions or comments about this list or how it is run,
please do
not ask them on list. Please direct these questions and comments
 blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. Also check out the blog that goes
with this
 list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. On the Erasing
Blindness
 Blog , you will find: links to websites and mailing lists I
think are
 useful to blind and visually impaired people. I will also post
links to
 websites and mailing lists where people who can see can go to
learn about
blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and
how to
 prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually
impaired people
 as well as their friends, families and coworkers. If there is a
website or
 mailing list you think should be included, but you can not find
it, you
 can suggest it and I will post it. If you have any questions or
comments
 about the Erasing Blindness Blog and or Mailing List, please
feel free to
 email blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. If you know anyone you think
may benefit
 from this mailing list, please tell them about it. Also if you
are on any
mailing lists or forums where it is appropriate to do so, please
give this
 mailing list a mention on there as well. Face Book, Twitter and
blogs are
 also good ways to let people know about this list. Also feel
free to use
any other method of communication you can think of to spread the
word
 about this list. Thank you.

 LIST DESCRIPTION.

Are you blind or visually impaired and tired of being on a bunch
of
different mailing lists because each list will only let you talk
about one
 topic? Well those days are over. This list is for blind and
visually
 impaired people to talk about their disabilities and ways to
overcome them
 and for people who can see to talk about blindness and visual
impairments
 as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen
their effect
 on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends,
families
 and coworkers. We can talk about adaptive technology( hardware
and
 software) from Humanware, Freedom Scientific, Hims, Apple and
other
companies. As well as that, we can talk about which websites are
and are
 not accessible to blind and visually impaired people who use
screen
 readers or note takers to go on the internet. All kinds of
accessible
 games can also be talked about. We can also talk about the
basics like
 orientation and mobility and braille. It is ok to talk about
anything to
 do with blindness. The topics listed here do not have to be the
only
 things we talk about. They are just some examples. If you are
blind or
visually impaired and want to learn how to make your life easier
and more
 fun or you are a person who can see and you want to learn about
blindness
 and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to
prevent them
 or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as
well as
 their friends, families and coworkers, then please join this
list. This
 list is in English. Also check out the Erasing Blindness Blog
that goes
 with this list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. If you
have any
 questions or comments about the Erasing Blindness Mailing List
and or
Blog, please feel free to email blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. Thank
you. End
 of list description.

 GENERAL GUIDELINES

 Please keep the subject lines up to date with what is being
talked about
in the message bodies. If you have a question you want to ask or
you want
 to say something and it does not fit in with any of the current
threads,
then please start a new thread. Also, if you have digest mode on
and you
find a message in the digest you want to reply to, please change
the
 subject to something more specific then the subject of the
digest email,
 for example- re: erasingblindness Digest V1 #6. Cut the other
messages out
 of your reply and just leave in the message you are replying to
so that
 you do not end up forwarding the whole digest to the list. That
way, list
 members who have digest mode off do not need to read through
list emails
 twice. I do not want any members of this list bossing or
attacking any of
 the other list members. If anyone feels like they have been
bossed around
 or attacked by anyone else on this list, please email
 blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx and tell me about it so we can try to
sort it
 out.

 ABOUT ATTACHMENTS

If you have an article, document, game file, short audio file or
anything
 else you would like to share, please do so. You can email any
file type as
 long as it is not a virus. Total message size is limited to 5
MB. This
 includes your attachment as well as what you write in your
email. Please
 note that people who have digest mode off will receive
attachments sent to
 the list, but people who have digest mode on will not receive
these
 attachments. For people who have digest mode on, if there is an
attachment
 that was sent to the list and you want it, please email
 blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx and I will send you the attachment. I
will never
turn digest mode on for myself on this list. For people who post
 attachments to this list, please say in the body of the message
that your
message has an attachment in it or put has attachment as part of
the
subject line. That way, people who have digest mode on will know
that
there was an attachment posted to the list. Attachments are also
archived
 and only attachments known to carry viruses are filtered from
them. Thank
[...]

 send an email to
erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the
[...]
 ask them on list. Please direct these questions and comments to
[...]

 as well as their friends, families and coworkers. We can talk

--
\v/
[...]

Subject field and an empty
[...]

message body and then follow the instructions in the confirmation email or
[...]

and for people who can see to talk about blindness and visual impairments as
[...]

Email me, the list owner, at blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx and tell me that you would like to be subscribed to the erasing blindness list and tell me what email address you want subscribed. Then I will do your subscription for you. Please specify which email address you would like to be subscribed to the list with. Do not send an email and ask me to subscribe you without saying which email address you want to be subscribed to the list with. Some people have more then one email address and I will not know if the email address you used to email me with is the one you want to be subscribed to the list with or not unless you tell me.

The email address you are subscribed to the list with is the email address that all the messages from everyone else on the list will go to. It is also the email address you will need to use to send messages to the list. To post to the list, send your message from the email address you are subscribed to the list to with to the email address erasingblindness@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

If the email address you used to send your message to the list to is not subscribed, then it will not go to the list. It will just come to me. To look at the list archives, go to: www.freelists.org/archive/erasingblindness. To unsubscribe from this list: send an email to erasingblindness-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the Subject field and an empty message body and then follow the instructions in the confirmation email or visit the list page at //www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. On that page, fill in your email address and pick unsubscribe from the list of options. You can also change your list settings at //www.freelists.org/list/erasingblindness. There is also a FAQ at //www.freelists.org/wiki/the_faq This FAQ is not specific to this list. The FAQ has answers to general questions about the website www.freelists.org which is the website that this list is hosted on. If you have any questions or comments about this list or how it is run, please do not ask them on list. Please direct these questions and comments to blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. Also check out the blog that goes with this list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. On the Erasing Blindness Blog , you will find: links to websites and mailing lists I think are useful to blind and visually impaired people. I will also post links to websites and mailing lists where people who can see can go to learn about blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers. If there is a website or mailing list you think should be included, but you can not find it, you can suggest it and I will post it. If you have any questions or comments about the Erasing Blindness Blog and or Mailing List, please feel free to email blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. If you know anyone you think may benefit from this mailing list, please tell them about it. Also if you are on any mailing lists or forums where it is appropriate to do so, please give this mailing list a mention on there as well. Face Book, Twitter and blogs are also good ways to let people know about this list. Also feel free to use any other method of communication you can think of to spread the word about this list. Thank you.

LIST DESCRIPTION.

Are you blind or visually impaired and tired of being on a bunch of different mailing lists because each list will only let you talk about one topic? Well those days are over. This list is for blind and visually impaired people to talk about their disabilities and ways to overcome them and for people who can see to talk about blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers. We can talk about adaptive technology( hardware and software) from Humanware, Freedom Scientific, Hims, Apple and other companies. As well as that, we can talk about which websites are and are not accessible to blind and visually impaired people who use screen readers or note takers to go on the internet. All kinds of accessible games can also be talked about. We can also talk about the basics like orientation and mobility and braille. It is ok to talk about anything to do with blindness. The topics listed here do not have to be the only things we talk about. They are just some examples. If you are blind or visually impaired and want to learn how to make your life easier and more fun or you are a person who can see and you want to learn about blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers, then please join this list. This list is in English. Also check out the Erasing Blindness Blog that goes with this list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. If you have any questions or comments about the Erasing Blindness Mailing List and or Blog, please feel free to email
[...]

Are you blind or visually impaired and tired of being on a bunch of different mailing lists because each list will only let you talk about one topic? Well those days are over. This list is for blind and visually impaired people to talk about their disabilities and ways to overcome them and for people who can see to talk about blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers. We can talk about adaptive technology( hardware and software) from Humanware, Freedom Scientific, Hims, Apple and other companies. As well as that, we can talk about which websites are and are not accessible to blind and visually impaired people who use screen readers or note takers to go on the internet. All kinds of accessible games can also be talked about. We can also talk about the basics like orientation and mobility and braille. It is ok to talk about anything to do with blindness. The topics listed here do not have to be the only things we talk about. They are just some examples. If you are blind or visually impaired and want to learn how to make your life easier and more fun or you are a person who can see and you want to learn about blindness and visual impairments as well as what causes them and how to prevent them or lessen their effect on blind or visually impaired people as well as their friends, families and coworkers, then please join this list. This list is in English. Also check out the Erasing Blindness Blog that goes with this list at www.blindnesseraserblog.wordpress.com. If you have any questions or comments about the Erasing Blindness Mailing List and or Blog, please feel free to email blindnesseraser@xxxxxxxxx. Thank you. End of list description.