[Enzo] Day 68 report - Enzo comes HOME!

  • From: "Kelly Groves" <kelly@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <enzo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 21:37:50 -0700

Day 68

Doctor: Jamie Jones

Nurses: Mary (night), Irma (day)

RT: n/a (off-oxygen)

Gestational age: 38 4/7 weeks

Weight: 2703 g or 5 lbs. 15.3 oz.

Length: 47 cm (6/15/14)

Feeding: ad lib Q 3 hr. (breast milk from bottle + nursing). PO multivitamin
with iron (1 mg q 24 hr @ 0800). PO Neosure 22 q 12 hr.

New orders: DISCHARGED!

Other issues: Not stooling regularly.

Enzo had a good day - he is no longer in the hospital and is sleeping
peacefully at home.

Last night, Mary had Enzo again. He was awake at 8 pm, and ready to eat! He
took 50 ml in twenty minutes! Mary commented that he seemed "A different
boy". Enzo slept peacefully after. Throughout the evening, he was awakening
on time to eat and even looking forward to it. Overall, he had a very good
night!

Today, Enzo had Irma taking care of him, along with Alyssa, a traveling
nurse who was shadowing her. Happily for us, she didn't have much to do
except show us the door! Dr. Johnny was set to discharge us, but he got
called away on a transport from JFK before he could write the orders, so Dr.
Jamie got to do the honors (filling in loads of paperwork). The nurse who
had first connected Enzo to his monitors when he was born, Lori, was the one
who turned them off, hopefully for good.

Before Enzo left, he took a "tour" of the NICU cuddling with all his
favorite nurses (basically, everyone!). Lots of tears were shed. We can't
say enough about how wonderful the team in the NICU at Desert Regional has
been. We owe them everything. It was really hard to say goodbye!

Enzo preparing for his journey HOME!

We had a good (quiet) drive home. Since our arrival, Enzo has been eating
like a madman and basically refusing to sleep. We put him down for some
"tummy time" after his biggest meal, and he promptly turned himself onto his
back. Show off! We put him back on his tummy, and he turned over again. And
again! After three times, we figured he understands how to roll front to
back. Once he figures out back to front rolling ensues. Clearly, our days of
peace are numbered.

By coincidence, some friends of ours were in town visiting from the Antelope
Valley, and they dropped by to welcome Enzo home. Harriet even fed Enzo for
us!

Harriet & Enzo sharing some cuddle time.

Tomorrow is Enzo's first pediatrician visit. Hopefully, we'll have an
uneventful night before then!

*** This is a brief report on a very eventful day. Phillip & Kelly are
exhausted. We will continue to post updates to this list in the future, but
plan to move away from the daily format soon. Thanks to all of Enzo's
friends and family who have supported us in getting to this point! We are
very happy to be home with our baby!

JPEG image

JPEG image