[ensu] UTERN

  • From: matt.niedzielski@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2004 14:35:44 -0500

Greetings,

I welcome you all into 2004, even if we are already a month into it.
I'm
taking this opportunity to let you all know that the UTERN staff has
been
working diligently during the first semester and the fruits of our
strong
efforts are beginning to show.  Very soon, our new website will be
launched,
which promises to allow for easy navigation and presentation of
important
information.  I strongly urge you to keep up with what?s going on
environmentally at UofT, by both submitting events or happenings that
you know
about as well as checking up regularly to see what?s happening near YOU!

In case you had forgotten or never heard, UTERN's goals are two-fold;
to create
a reliable environmental network at UofT in order to strengthen
communication
between individual clubs and student groups.  Furthermore, UTERN has a
sizable
budget thanks to a 50-cent undergraduate levy to invest in projects
taken on by
such clubs and student groups.

The first proposal that has been funded this year was submitted by a
group of
students paired up with the Environmental Students Union (ENSU).  Green
Perspective, the first student run environmental magazine at UofT, is
fast
making its way into the student body.  Keep your eyes peeled for a sexy
magazine with a green front page.  The articles cover a variety of
interesting
topics that appeal to even those not really interested in the
traditional
concept of environmentalism.

Lots of exciting things are happening right now with the nearing of
UofT?s
Environment scheduled for the first week of March.

GET INVOLVED!

Think of projects, participate in projects, host events, and go to
events.  Do
it all if you can!

If you are interested in getting involved in one of our projects,
please email us at utern.admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

Looking forward to seeing you at our next open meeting on Tuesday, Feb
10 @ 6
PM in the Seminar Room on the 1st Floor at the Earth Science Center (Rm
1042).

Quentin Stössel
President, Board of Directors