[ensu] St. Claire Right of Way

  • From: matt.niedzielski@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 20:32:41 -0500

SCRIPT - the St.Clair Right-of-Way Initiative for Public Transit.

The group is made up local residents on St.Clair and transit enthusiasts who
are taking an active role in the current Environmental Assessment being done
to decide whether or not the TTC can have a Right-of-way on St.Clair.
We are always looking for more enthusiastic people. The EA vote will go to
City Council in June, with phase two coming up shortly. Seeing as ENSU
speaks to a group of progressive students I thought some students would like
to help this advocacy group. There is currently an anti-Right-of-way group
made up of one of the BIAs along St.Clair Ave.
Below there is more information on how to get involved or how to learn more.
If you could send this out to the ENSU list serve I would be grateful.

1. Upcoming SCRIPT community event
------

The renaissance of streetcar transit

Jeffrey Kay will take us on a pictorial tour of what other great
communities
are doing to improve streetcar transit.  Presentation will cover other
streetcar systems in North America, track construction methods, and
existing
streetcar rights-of-way in Toronto.  Wednesday February 11, 6:30-8:30PM
Dufferin Public Library, 1625 Dufferin at St Clair.

Info:
E-mail: script2004@xxxxxxxxxx
Website: http://members.rogers.com/script2004 or
Phone number: 416-535-1617