[ensu] Inst. for Env. Studies Seminars

  • From: "Matt Niedzielski" <mattniedzielski@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 19:04:09 -0500

Institute for Environmental Studies Seminars

WEDNESDAYS AT 4:00 P.M.
Room 2093, Earth Sciences Centre (unless noted)
(Huron & Bancroft; Geology section of building)
(north of College St., east of Spadina Ave.)

No registration required; all are welcome.

For more information, please contact
Mona El-Haddad, Series Coordinator (416-978-6526;
m.elhaddad@xxxxxxxxxxx)

Please check www.utoronto.ca/env/seminars.htm for abstracts and
updates.

****
WED JANUARY 28, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
BOB WILLARD, Ph.D. candidate, OISE/UT and Institute for Environmental
Studies, University of Toronto and Author of "The Sustainability
Advantage: Seven Business Case Benefits of a Triple Bottom Line"
"The business case for sustainability: how strong is it?"

WED FEBRUARY 4, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
SEAN THOMAS, Assistant Professor, Faculty of Forestry, University of
Toronto
"Long-term logging impacts on plants, animals, and fungi in a Malaysian
rain forest"

WED FEBRUARY 11, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
DOUG MACDONALD, Acting Program Director, Environmental Studies Program,
Innis College, University of Toronto and
KEITH STEWART, Smog and Climate Change Campaigner, Toronto
Environmental
Alliance
"Now that we've ratified, what are we doing to meet our Kyoto
commitment?"
(Joint IES/Sustainable Toronto project seminar)

MON FEBRUARY 25, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
CAMMY MACK, Group Leader, Regulatory Requirements, Laboratory Services
Branch, Ontario Ministry of the Environment
"Ontario's new drinking water legislation"

WED MARCH 10, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
DAVID ETKIN, Natural Hazards and Risk Analyst, Adaptation and Impacts
Research Group, Environment Canada
"Natural disasters: root causes of vulnerability"

WED MARCH 24, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
PHIL BYER, Professor, Department of Civil Engineering and Institute for
Environmental Studies, University of Toronto
"Planning of waste management facilities in Southeast Asia:  lessons
and
improvements from WASTE-ECON projects"
(Joint IES/WASTE-ECON project seminar)

WED MARCH 31, 2004, 4:00 p.m.
CHRIS KENNEDY, Associate Professor, Civil Engineering, University of
Toronto
"The urban metabolism of the Greater Toronto Area"