[ensu] Fwd: STOP E$$O - Nov 1st

  • From: Anna Gunz <anna.gunz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 13:57:37 -0500

Okay. I know that this time of year can be overwhelming and miserable, and you?re busy writing papers and studying for midterms, but please read on...

November 1st is the Stop Esso National Day of Action (check out
www.stopesso.ca for more info). The idea of the day of action is to have
small demos like this at as many Esso stations across the country as
possible. Because of this, you can make a big difference to the overall
impact of the day by making a small personal contribution.

There?s an Esso station on the corner of Dupont and Davenport, just a short
walk from campus. All you need to do is show up at the station at 1pm, then
help hold up a banner, hand out leaflets, or talk to drivers and passers-by.
By the end of an hour you?ll have informed hundreds of people about Esso?s
dirty deeds, increased the impact of a nation-wide day of action, and gotten
some fresh air! Then you can head back to the library, the lab, the studio,
or your bed, refreshed and feeling good about having done your part to
expose corporate deception and greed.

What to expect: These are small demonstrations ­ like 10 or 20 people, not
10,000. You won?t get arrested, and people will be very friendly and very
interested in what you have to say. You?ll hold up banners and hand out
flyers (both of which Greenpeace can give you, so no prep necessary), talk
to pedestrians, and try to convince drivers to buy their gas somewhere else
by talking to them as they enter the station. It?s easy, it?s fun, and it?s
important.

So, are you up for it? If so, please email me to let me know!

Thanks!!

Christy