[ensu] ENVIROFLASH: Environmental Roundtable November 15th

  • From: ENSU <utorensu@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ENSU Listserv <ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:14:25 -0500 (EST)

Hey all,

SAC?s Ministry of Environment and the University of Toronto Environmental
Resource Network (UTERN) are holding another Environmental Roundtable next
Monday and we want your group to send a representative. Last month's
roundtable was very productive and we hope this one will be even more so.

There are over twenty clubs, student unions, and groups involved in
environmental activism or advocacy at U of T; the point of the Roundtable is
to get a representative of each group together in the same room for a
discussion, and see if we can find ways to work together.

One of the main items for discussion will be Environment Week. At the last
roundtable, we set a tentative date of March 7th to 11th, and discussed a
potential theme of "Environment and Social Justice". If this year's
Environment Week is to be the best one yet, we will need to continue getting
organized and developing key speakers/events sooner rather than later. The
rest of the meeting agenda will be up to y?all. The key is to get us all
together and communicating.

We will be holding one of these Environmental Roundtables every month. The
next roundtable is scheduled for MONDAY, NOVEMBER 15th, at 6:30 pm at the SAC
office, 12 hart house circle. Refreshments will be served. Please confirm that
your organization will be sending a representative.

Thanks for your time, and hopefully your involvement.

--
Bryan Purcell
UTERN President