[ensu] ENSU Elections

  • From: "Rachel Riddle" <rachelriddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 22:04:29 -0500

It?s that time of the year again?

The Environmental Students? Union Executive
Elections!!!

>he Environmental Students' Union (ENSU) at the
University of Toronto is an undergraduate course union
sponsored by SAC and the Innis College Students'
Society (ICSS). Our goal is to provide a place where
students concerned about environmental issues can
become active on campus and in the community. We
represent students of environmental programs to the
faculty, and share information about environmental
programs, organizations, and issues. We rely on
student participation in order to achieve our mission,
which is to raise awareness and inculcate an ethic of
environmental sustainability in all aspects of our
lives.

ENSU is holding its elections for the 2002-2003
executive. We strongly encourage you to run for any
one of the eight positions available on the executive.
We are always looking for new energetic and creative
individuals! Take a look at the position descriptions
listed below!

>f you would like to get involved with ENSU, please
submit a brief statement detailing

1. Why you are interested in running for the
particular position

2. If elected, how you would contribute and benefit
the executive.

3. Also include your year and program of study and
your contact information.

Please email your statement to utorensu@xxxxxxxx or
drop it off at the ENSU office, Innis College, 2
Sussex Ave., Room 107 (around the corner from
Carrotheads). Submissions are due by Wednesday, March
20th, 5pm. Elections will be held March 27 and March
28.

The following positions on the ENSU executive are
available:

Coordinators
Rotating chairs of ENSU meetings
Spokespeople for the group
Contact people for the group
Responsible for confirming the tasks of others
Sets agenda and submit for approval at
beginning of ENSU meetings
Must further develop networking on and off
campus with ENGOs, educators, community members,
administration and faculty
Responsible for planning the implementation of
ongoing projects and campaigns

Treasurer
Responsible for disbursements and signing of checks
with one of the coordinators
Keeper of the petty cash, maintaining of bank accounts
and bank books Prepare budgets and bi-monthly statements for ENSU approval Responsible for filing income tax

Secretary/ Office Manager

Records and types minutes, files both minutes
and agendas
Brings attention to correspondence (phone
messages and letters)
Posting of minutes one day before ENSU
meetings
Responsible for scheduling office hours of
executives
Keeping updated list of active ENSU members
Maintains office (including purchasing
office supplies when necessary)
Shares the responsibility of initiating
working groups

Academic and Administrative Liaison

Seeks out new resources and files current
resources
Resources include: old exams and course
papers, and information on environmental issues from
students and various sources
Maintains contacts within college and
University
Program knowledge
Representation of ENSU on Innis College
Student Society
Provide student voice to administration and
University

Public Relations Officer

Responsible for coordinating a sub-committee
to coordinate advertising campaigns for events
Responsible for marketing materials relating
to ENSU and any promotional items (i.e. mugs,
t-shirts, etc?)
Networks with campus and city-wide media to
keep ENSU?s name floating within the community
Purchases supplies for the purposes of
advertising and promoting the organization

Volunteer Coordinator

Responsible for encouraging ENSU members and
university students to become involved in working
toward a sustainable campus and city Must keep a database of members and volunteers
Develop questionnaires to determine the needs
of ENSU members and their interests to better
coordinate events
Must be knowledgeable and communicate
employment, education and volunteer opportunities to
members
In conjunction with other executive members,
the volunteer coordinator must coordinate a member
mixer to kick off the start of the academic year and
assist in planning an end of year social event

Webmaster

Responsible for the maintenance of the ENSU
website and any related listservs and email accounts

2nd, 3rd and 4th Year Representatives

Represents those years? interests to ENSU
Makes announcements in various courses of that
year
Expose students of given year to ENSU and its
activities
Establish contact with students in other
courses of that year