[ensu] 30 secs to Support Algonquin's distinct species of wolf!

  • From: Anna Gunz <anna.gunz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Mar 2004 09:57:44 -0500

Hello Everyone!

In case you haven't heard already, Earthroots its changing its rally at Queen's Park to Wednesday, March 31 at 9:45 am .

Perhaps we can meet at 9:30 in front of Convocation Hall, and we can call walk over to the rally together!

This is to show support for the ban on wolf hunting in townships around Algonquin Park.

Currently, the wolves are afforded no protection, and are a species of national concern!
Biologists have recently discovered that Algonquin Park is home to a DISTINCT SPECIES OF WOLF, the Eastern Canadian Wolf, that shares ancestral history with the HIGHLY ENDANGERED red wolf of the southeastern US.

PLEASE come and share your support! I know this is a busy time of year, but spare 30 minutes to show your support for these beautiful beasts! When the government shows support for the environment like this, we must show them our support!

Hope to see you all there!

Anna

ps- If you can't come
The Minister's proposal is currently posted on the Environmental Bill of Rights
for public comment until April 2nd, 2004.
Letters can be sent by mail or fax to the Ministry of Natural Resources at:
Wildlife Section
MNR Fish and Wildlife Branch
5th Floor, North Tower, 300 Water Street
Peterborough, Ontario, K9J 8M5
PHONE: (705) 755-1940 FAX: (705) 755-1900
Remember to include EBR Registry Number RB04E6007 so that your comments are
officially recorded.
Please visit the Wolves Ontario! website at www.wolvesontario.org for more
information on the Minister's proposal to protect Algonquin wolves and how you
can show your support for this important initiative.