[ensu] 3 announcements

  • From: matt.niedzielski@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ensu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 21:42:13 -0500

1) Call for submissions for UnderCurrents

2) CANADIAN IDOL, BEN MULRONEY AT THE CAREER CENTRE

3) EPAC Open Forum Friday March 26, 2004

1)

Call for Submissions

The UnderCurrents Editorial Collective is now inviting art and written work
for Vol. 14, Nomad.

Possible topics include: navigation and movement across geography, locations
and boundaries; memories of place; interpretations of home; transportation
and
escape; transience, disappearance and return; and how we know where here is.

UnderCurrents is an independent, non-profit journal produced by students
from
the Faculty of Environmental Studies at York University. Since 1988, we have
published creative and critical writing, artwork and photography that
explore
the relationships between nature, society and self. Submissions from any
field
are welcome, particularly those that challenge conventional academic and
environmental discussions.

The deadline for submissions is 30 April, 2004. Electronic submissions
preferred. Include name, address, brief bio, email and phone number. Please
submit artwork in b&w, at least 5x7, 600 dpi, .tiff files, and text in .doc
currents@xxxxxxxx

The Collective will work closely with authors whose work has been selected.
UnderCurrents policy encourages authors to avoid the use of discriminatory
discourse (e.g. racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.)

Please visit www.yorku.ca/currents for more information.

2)

> CANADIAN IDOL, BEN MULRONEY AT THE CAREER CENTRE

> Before becoming host of Canadian Idol and etalk DAILY, Ben Mulroney worked
> through his B.A. in history. Discover how he made the leap to the career
of his dreams as the Career Centre kicks off their Great Careers Series.

> Ben will be asked about the challenges of following his passion, career
> influences such as parents and mentors, marketable skills developed at
> school and strategies used to land "lucky breaks." Students will be
> surprised to discover just how much they have in common with him.

> WHO: Ben Mulroney Host Canadian Idol and etalk DAILY CTV

> WHAT:  Launch of Career Centre's Great Careers Series
>
> 40-minute interview with Ben followed by a question and answer period.
> Refreshments to be served.
>
> WHEN:  Wednesday March 24, 20004
                      Noon - 1:30 p.m.

> WHERE: Career Centre, Koffler Students Services Centre, 214
College Street

at www.careers.utoronto.ca.

> CONTACT:
>
> Mary Giamos
>
> Career Centre
>
> (416) 978-8012
>
> m.giamos@xxxxxxxxxxx

3)

The next EPAC Open Forum will be held on Friday March 26, 2004 from 1-3
pm in Simcoe Hall's Governing Council Chambers (room 214). Below, and
attached is the agenda. Please contact me for more specific directions.

Feel free to visit our websites for more information:
http://www.facilities.utoronto.ca/epac/epacpage.htm
http://www.facilities.utoronto.ca/epac/GHGRP/
http://ots.utoronto.ca/cgi/admin/users/EPACboard/bb.cgi

University of Toronto
Environmental Protection Advisory Committee

OPEN  FORUM

Friday March 26, 2004
1:00 - 3:00 p.m.

Governing Council Chambers
Simcoe Hall, Room 214

AGENDA

1. Welcome and Introductions by the co-chairs (Phil Byer and Ingrid
Stefanovic)

2. Energy and GHG Reduction Plan (Energy Sub-Committee)

3. EPAC Awards for 2004: Jake Irwin, ENSU, and Enbridge Gas Commercial
Business Markets (Phil Byer)

4. Energy Fair, April 1

5. Environmental Forum, September 2004 (Ron Venter)

6. Innis College Renovation (Juan Davila)

7. Other business

8. Open discussion: time to discuss other issues of interest

Next Open Forum Meeting: September 2004 - see EPAC web site in September
for date

EPAC wants you to get involved in developing the Academic Plan in your
division.  Over the next few months, each faculty and department will be
developing a plan for its academic programs, including teaching and
research.  The University has stated the importance of interdisciplinary
teaching and research related to the environment. Please get involved in
the academic planning process to help address this important area.
Write to or speak with your faculty's dean or department's chair on your
views about environmental teaching and research, and ask how to get more
involved.