[english-c1] Your vote is needed [humor].

  • From: Néstor <nestorac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: english-c1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 17:58:54 +0100

Hello,

now, we have the possibility to change Barbie so she can have a
respectful (and disrespected) career as a ¡computer engineer! This is
not because I'm [willing to become] a computer engineer [some day],
but because of the fact that she is breaking all the "traditional"*
roles for women, like being a housewife, and the like.

http://www.barbie.com/vote/

So, please, vote for the most beautiful computer engineer ever!

Uh, and Mattel has privately told me that, in consonance with their
policy of continuous improvement and state-of-the-art technology, they
have plans to design a new Barbie model called "Barbie Unemployed",
which would come with fewer clothing than -even- usual. No more need
of lifting up the skirt.

* "traditional" here means "postindustrial", as with the "traditional family".