[english-c1] Public discussion: The new spanish Law for abortion.

  • From: Néstor <nestorac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: english-c1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 01:25:01 +0100

Hello citizens,

in a democratic country, I think it's convenient and also interesting
to discuss about some subjects which are controversial, but which
affect many people. The idea is to criticize the opinions, not the
people, who should be respected.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion

I may act as a moderator. Anyways, I also have my opinion, which I'm
posting, so you can discuss.

I think that the new Law can be better than the last one, but still
lacks some protection for women -eg: psychological care-, who might
feel guilty when exercising their right to abort, usually because of
pressure coming from members of their families, friends, some
political parties or religious groups... I also don't consider the
fetus as a human being until -at least- it begins to be conscious of
her own existence. I also don't normally trust opinions based on
dogmas.

Please, remember: respect people, not their opinions. It's not people
who we are judging.

Of course, one of the goals is to improve our English, and also
hopefully become better citizens!