Re: use system-wide filetype scheme

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:49:21 +1000

On Sat, 26 May 2012 15:57:18 +0200
Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 8:37 AM,  <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > However if xdg-mime command is available, that can supply the .desktop file
> > (without path) of the 'preferred' handler. After finding and parsing that
> > file, it's easy to add that item to the menu. This is working now, in svn
> > code.
> >
> It seems to be working fine in r2522. Thanks!
>
> But again, as suggested earlier, could we get a file.<mime-actions>,
> and perhaps a bit more. For some file types I would like that the
> xdg-mime suggestion be the default, that is before all the internal
> filetype scheme items. While for others I would like to keep emel
> defaults (or customizations). Would it be difficult to implement this?

There could be another action, but from FDO ML chatter, it's probably better
thought of as file.<applications> or something, as it would be based on a
collation of data from .desktop files, only partly and loosely related to
mimetype. Somebody is working on a revised library, and command, to produce
this sort of data. Who knows when it will be complete and released and widely
available.

If there were a new action, then you choose - show it or not in the context
menu, and if so, before or after file.<actions> or somewhere else, not
type-specific positioning.