Re: umount impossible - device busy

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 12:42:51 +0200

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 20:13:14 +1000
> De: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> À: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sujet: Re: umount impossible - device busy

> On Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:03:05 +0200
> Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Im' using 2.6.22.1, with dnotify and inotify enabled in kernel. Also
gamin and gamin-devel are installed, but I don't use them (fam or
gamin), as I have disabled the service - no need for it on my
workstation.

OK. Now using rel. 652, using default build options (no [i|d]notify,
fam or gamin) and it works, but it seems a little strange... let me
explain. I was always told that, in an Unix env, if I wanted to
unmount, I couldn't be in the mountpoint that I wanted to unmount.

So what I always did in emelfm2 was to go in the parent folder of the
mountpoint and then unmount. And that is specifically not working.
However, if I unmount while being in the device, unmount will be
successful.

Example: mountpoint is /media/SD128. I copy a file
to /media/SD128/Documents.

- if I unmount while the pane displaying the contents
of /media/SD128/Documents, then emelfm2 will unmount the device and
will warn me that it's now impossible to list files and will send me
back to /media.
- if I go back to /media first and then try to unmount, then it's a
guaranteed fail.

I could certainly live with that, nevertheless I thought it would be
appreciable to report that...

Now, on a sad note, I noticed that the cpbar plugin is broken - will
segfault anytime.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>