Re: umount impossible - device busy

  • From: Grégory SCHMITT <gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:03:05 +0200

----- Original Message -----
> Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:12:01 +1000
> De: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> À: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Sujet: Re: umount impossible - device busy

> Nothing obviously hanging around afterward. Could there be some sort
> of write-cacheing happening ? What happens if the unmount is delayed
> awhile ?

It doesn't help. I can wait for 10 mn, it won't unmount.

> What happens if you rename an item already on the mounted device, or
> change some other file property there ?

File renaming is OK; device was unmounted on the spot.

> Might be file-alteration monitoring, instead of an open file ?

I thought it could be that; I have emelfm2 from the Fedora rpm). As
soon as emelfm2 can be compiled from svn (it didn't work with rel.
634), I'll try to get a build with inotify, dnotify, gamin and fam.
I'll also check my kernel config since I'm running on a home-made
kernel.

--
Grégory SCHMITT <mailto:gy.schmitt@xxxxxxxxx>