Re: thumbs plugin and auto refreshing...

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2011 18:35:47 +1100

On Sun, 2 Jan 2011 14:17:43 -0500
sadako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I'm playing around with the thumbs plugin (with libthumb) in 0.7.4, kernel
> fam enabled, and the thumbs window basically freezes every once in a while
> as it's refreshed, causing it to regenerate all the thumbnails every
> though there've been no changes in the directory whatsoever.
>
> I think a very simple and welcome solution would be to disable and
> updates/refreshes in the thumb window unless the user refreshes manually,
> any chance of this?

We could do so, easily enough. However I'd prefer to fix the actual problem.
That might be related to the refresh mechanism, if not the thumbnails plugin
itself.

Can you give any more details about the freezing ? Please be as specific as
possible. What do you mean by regenerate - the actual thumbnails, or the
display of them ?

> Also, I've seen mentions of libthumb being threadsafe in comparison to
> libgimpthumb-2.0.so, I don't suppose the ability to generate more than one
> thumbnail at once is on the cards?

Not sure what you mean, here. You can open as many thumbnail views/windows as
you want.