thumbs plugin and auto refreshing...

  • From: sadako@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 14:17:43 -0500

I'm playing around with the thumbs plugin (with libthumb) in 0.7.4, kernel
fam enabled, and the thumbs window basically freezes every once in a while
as it's refreshed, causing it to regenerate all the thumbnails every
though there've been no changes in the directory whatsoever.

I think a very simple and welcome solution would be to disable and
updates/refreshes in the thumb window unless the user refreshes manually,
any chance of this?

Also, I've seen mentions of libthumb being threadsafe in comparison to
libgimpthumb-2.0.so, I don't suppose the ability to generate more than one
thumbnail at once is on the cards?

I'm guessing that's a far from easy task, but it could make it up to 4
times as fast for me (more, for those with better hardware), which with
directories with lots of large images would make a huge difference...