Re: symlink copy/move behaviour

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:10:02 +0300

On 9/19/06, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:32:54 -0700 (PDT) Felix <thetrivialstuff@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> - right clicking multiple items and clicking info creates a barrage of
> info windows.
One at a time, in order of selected items. To abort the sequence, if so
desired, there is typically a dialog-window close box, you can always do an
<Esc> key-press or activate the Stop button or its corresponding mnemonic
key ...

admittedly emelfm1 also has this problem, but somehow I'm
> not tempted to press the info button there... maybe because my brain
> goes "this is old software, remember the properties dialogue didn't work
> yet" in there, and "ok, they should've fixed that by *now*" in the new
> one? (I expect some kind of summary for all the items; if I select 50
> files I expect to have to deal with one window, not 50.)
> )
Do you need to be told basic, lowest-common-denominator, stuff about
multiple items ?

Maybe present information in one scrollable window, listed in order of selected items? With a summary of basic information as an introduction?

-- Liviu