Re: svn1530 and Action menu

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 20:13:55 +1000

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:34:07 -0400
Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Applied more locks now, during dialog construction (where there is no
> > obvious reason for them), to take things back to 0.5.1 arrangement,
> > more-or-less.
>
> HUGE success for me with svn1547.
>
> Delete and all other "Actions" perform normally without crash or
> lock-up and even "Info" now works again on all file types without
> locking X.

OK, maybe we have a firm base to work with. I'd like to try to incrementally
'get back' some of the changes made since 0.5.1.

I've committed changes which eliminate as many as possible of the
gtk_widget_show()'s for non-top-level widgets, and relocated the locks a little
bit. No changes to file-info dialog, that seems to be too touchy (maybe due to
the included execution of file(1)).

BTW I've included some other stuff - on-the-fly checks for non-ASCII names
(instead of just once at session-start), and a tweak for filename sorting to
try to help with glib silliness reported by Gregory and Liviu.