Re: svn1530 and Action menu

  • From: Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 21:06:39 -0400

On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:05:52 +1000
tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > With svn1530 Info still causes a lock-up.
> > Using Delete from the Action menu now works
> > But...
> > All other task launched from the Action menu now causes emelfm2 to
> > crash.
> >
> > Installed apps:
> >
> > gtk+2.0-2.16.1
> > glib2-2.20.1
> > xorg-1.6.1

> As reported in previous posts, menu-activation in gtk 2.16.x is much
> more brittle than before. Sadly, it's not apparent from gtk
> sourcecode why it's so. Symptoms suggest its X usage is quite racy.

Yes, 2.16 seems to be a beast.

Also failed to mention in the initial post that I am using gcc-4.3.2

> So I've been experimenting with workarounds. I've just committed to
> svn some more changes, which omit almost everything from menu-item
> activation callbacks. Very limited testing yet, but sofar it's
> working better, here.
>
> Please try it out and let us know how it goes.

Sorry, here there is no difference here, 1535 behaves the same as did
1530, all menu actions except for delete cause emelfm2 to crash.

Will keep testing svn updates but will also continue to use 1503 my day
to day fm for the time being.

    Charles

--
I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity.
                -- Bill Veeck