Re: svn1530 and Action menu

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:05:52 +1000

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:51:51 -0400
Charles A Edwards <eslrahc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am seeing more issues with svn1530 than were present in svn1503 as
> relates to the Action menu.
>
> There had been issues in 1503 and prior check-outs related to later
> versions of gtk+2 and glib, notably that using using Info could crash
> emelfm2 and or lock-up X and using delete from the Action menu would
> cause emelfm2 to crash.
>
> With svn1530 Info still causes a lock-up.
> Using Delete from the Action menu now works
> But...
> All other task launched from the Action menu now causes emelfm2 to
> crash.
>
> Installed apps:
>
> gtk+2.0-2.16.1
> glib2-2.20.1
> xorg-1.6.1

Thanks Charles.

As reported in previous posts, menu-activation in gtk 2.16.x is much more
brittle than before. Sadly, it's not apparent from gtk sourcecode why it's so.
Symptoms suggest its X usage is quite racy.

So I've been experimenting with workarounds. I've just committed to svn some
more changes, which omit almost everything from menu-item activation callbacks.
Very limited testing yet, but sofar it's working better, here.

Please try it out and let us know how it goes.