Re: short keys for plugins

  • From: "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:23:41 +0100

> The "top level" items in the menu don't do anything, it's the sub-menu
items that are relevant.

> Without getting too technical, each action has flags indicating
circumstances in which it may not be used. The only action named
"plugin.<something>" is "plugin.<menu>", which is not a real action, it's a
layout instruction for the main context menu. So it's not allowed for a
key-binding, and there's no sub-menu item for it. But we can't get at the
internals of gtk's menu construction, to tell it to omit items for which
there's no sub-menu.

I'm not sure that I understood this last part, but I thought that it would
be nice to make these "top level" items deactivated (with a sort of
grayish colour). I am talking about the items that are
"top" inside the submenus.
In practice these are not used and they distract attention, somewhat.

--
Liviu