Re: "select same" modification request

  • From: peter kostov <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 19:29:56 +0300

On 06/26/2010 02:58 AM, tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 17:42:01 +0300
peter kostov<peter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:

Hello Tom,

I find myself very often in a situation, when I have to compare many
images in two directories, which are basically the same image, but in
different format - for example original TIFFs and exported JPEGs.

So it will be very useful to have a plug-in similar to the existing
"select same", but which doesn't take into account the file extension,
and compares the 'basenames' of the files.

I have already tried to read, understand and modify the e2p_selmatch.c,
but without success, because I don't have any experience with GTK+.

So I will appreciate very much some help :)

Petar, that capability is available in release 0.7.2 and later. The select-same
plugin has 2 actions, called something like whole and partial, and for partial
matching, 2 related config options to specify:
. which character(s) are to be treated as the endpoint for matching, and
. whether to match to the first or last such character(s) in the name.

Thank you Tom, this is great news! I just compiled 0.7.3 and it works perfectly. This saves a lot of manual work for me!

Thanks again!!!

Greetings,
Petar