Re: questions about features

  • From: Liviu Andronic <landronimirc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 13:24:02 +0100

> > Remembering between separate viewing sessions ? If so, why is it
> reasonable to assume that the user wants a re-opened file to scroll to the
> middle, say, instead of somewhere else ?
>
> For small files it's not often that you'd want to scroll to the same
> place, indeed. But with small files, scrolling has little or no effect
> anyway. With large files, much more often than not I want to go back
> to the place I was in last time. Good text editors implement this, and
> good filemanagers also have this both for the editor and the viewer.

I also believe such a feature would be nice. And in case you actually want
to see the same file from the beginning, pressing "home" (correctme) takes
care of it rapidly. Furthermore, it generally fits in the feature of e2 of
remembering and preselecting the directory previously accessed.

> F1 - help, F2- user menu, F3 file view, F4 - file edit, F5 - file
> copy, F6 - file move/tree move, F7 - make a directory,  F8 - file
> delete, F9 - top menu, F10 - exit.
>
> Emelfm2 is mostly compliant, but f3 for search and f4 for view struck
> me as weird. Can we change the default for f3 to be View?

I changed F3 as soon as I noticed that it was F4 for viewing. And assigned
Vim in Terminal for F4. I agree that the default F3 binding be changed.

--
Liviu