Re: permisiions string

  • From: <tpgww@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: emelfm2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 07:57:36 +1000

On Fri, 2 May 2008 15:28:45 -0500
David Jensen <david567@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Attached a new patch, maybe it makes it all translatable.
>
> attached 'Take 3': bit more robust. Translation is complete although it
> will not handle UTF8.  I see no-one is translating these strings,
> perhaps for that reason.
>
> It compiles to 383 bytes (-O2 on x86-32), original was 515 bytes.

Thanks David.

I've been away from this list for a little while, so I missed your previous
posts on this.

As evident, the things you've done are related to a FIXME, and that's welcome.

Without yet evaluating your patch in great detail, one thing does occur to me:
it still involves single-byte comparisons and replacements, buf[3|6|9]. But
after translation, the relevant characters might be > 1 long ?